- 120 grams Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 120 grams Butter
- 120 grams olive oil
- 960 grams Arborio rice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 --- Chicken breasts, large, diced
- 200 grams shortcut bacon, diced
- 2 litres water approx
- 180 grams white wine
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add cubed Parmesan to clean dry tm bowl and process for 10 secs on speed 10, set aside. Clean bowl.
2. Place 1/2 onion, 1 garlic clove and process for 3 seconds on speed 5, scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add 60g butter and 100g grams of Shortcut Bacon and cook for 2 minutes at 120 degrees on speed 1.
4. Add butterfly to bowl and add 480 grams of Arborio rice and saute for 1 minute 120 degrees, reverse speed 1.
5. Add 90g WhiteWine, 1 diced chicken breast and cook for 2 minutes on Varoma reverse speed 1.5.
6. Add 2 heaped tablespoonsof vegetable stock and add water until you reach the maximum marked in bowl. DO NOT GO OVER THIS MAXIMUM MARK. Use spatula to scrape around base of bowl. Check liquid is still sitting around the maximum mark in bowl, if not add extra to maximum.
7. Cook for 15minute at 100 degrees reverse on speed 1.5, place simmering basket on lide to prevent splattering.
8. Place into Thermoserver and repeat with 2nd batch. When 2nd batch is complete add to another Thermoserver.
9. Risotto is ready to serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Chicken & Bacon Risotto
Accessories you need
Due to the size of my family, this recipe is done as 2 quick batches. This taakes approx 40 minutes of actual cooking time to have Risotto on the Table for up to 12.
The water required will vary, just always fill to maximum mark only.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni