- 350 g boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into small chunks
- 200 g Jasmine rice
- 3-4 pieces Chinese sausages, sliced thinly
- 8 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked and sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 cm fresh ginger, sliced into pieces
- 20 g olive oil, or any oil you prefer
- 1000 g water
- 2 spring onion, sliced finely
- Fried shallots, to serve
- thick soy sauce, to serve
- 20 g sesame oil
- 10 g light soy sauce
- 20 g oyster sauce
- 20 g dark soy sauce
- 10 g vinegar, black
- pinch ground white pepper
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- In your Thermomix bowl, place the garlic, onion & ginger and chop for 5 secs/sp 5/MC on. Scrape sides and add olive oil. Saute for 3 mins/100 degrees/reverse/sp 1/MC on.
Add the chinese sausage and liver sausage, if using, and sauté for 2 mins/100 degrees/reverse/sp1/MC off. Then add the shiitake mushrooms and sauté for a further 3 mins/100degrees/reverse/sp 1.
Add the chicken thigh pieces as well as the marinade and stir fry for 5 mins/100 degrees/reverse/spoon.
Insert steaming basket into the bowl and weigh out 200g of jasmine rice. Rinse the rice under running water then toss it into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Fry the mixture for 1 1/2 mins/100 degrees/reverse/spoon. Place the steaming basket on a bowl, then carefully pour the rice & meat mixture into the steaming basket.
Without rinsing the bowl, place the steaming basket into the bowl and pour the sauce back into the bowl, as well as 900g of water. Cook the rice for 25 mins/Varoma/sp4/MC on, stopped at 15 mins to give it a stir using your spatula.
Once it’s done, you can pour it into your thermoserver, and top it with the sliced spring onion and fried shallots and a swirl of thick dark sauce. If you prefer the crispy bits, place the cooked rice into a claypot and cook it over high heat for 5-10 mins, keeping a close eye to make sure it doesn’t burn. Then top it with spring onion, fried shallots and thick dark sauce when serving.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Marble Butter Cake
- Chocolate raspberry muffins
- Zucchini Brownies
- Olive Oil Banana Bread with Nutella Swirls
- Peach & Cream Cheese Muffins with Mixed Berry Swirl
- Pumpkin, Feta and Kale Mini Loaves
- Matcha Latte Jam
- Salted Chunky Chocolate Cookie
- Spinach and Artichoke Warm Dip
- Baked Tapioca Cake
- Chorizo Baked Eggs
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Jess's Spag Bol