THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 250 g Coconut cream/coconut milk, See below
- Water to add to coconut cream/ milk to 1000g, See above
- 5 g olive oil
- 2 tsp Sugar or more if you like it sweeter.
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g BASMATI RICE ONLY
- dash coconut essence, If you like it even more coconutty!
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Measure the coconut cream/milk into the and add sufficient water to make 1000g total.
2. Follow the automated rice recipe from here on in, with these exceptions:
•no bay leaf
• Add the sugar and (Optional) essence, when adding the salt (as instructed)
• use only basmati rice, rinse before adding.
• Continue as instructed
• tip into a thermoserver, fluff with a fork to stir through any creaminess on top.
Accessories you need
The BEST way to cook coconut rice in your Thermy.
But you will need to use the automated rice recipe on the TM5 to do it this way.
Serve it with your favourite curry 👌😋
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oat bran cookies
- Chocolate caramel coconut balls
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Crusty French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Instant porridge ( like the sachets... only BETTER)
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Banana oat bread
- Flourless chocolate orange hazelnut cake
- Easy cheesy
- Ooba Healthy'ish' Curried Sausages
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Cale's Crepes
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup