- 1.5 bunches coriander, Roots removed
- 3 fresh chillies
- 50 g cold water
- 150 g grated coconut, can be fresh or frozen
- 310 g cold water
- 3 pieces cinnamon sticks, 2 cm long
- 4 cardamon pods
- 1 Bay Leave
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp pine nuts or any nuts
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 400 g chicken tenderloin, sliced to 0.5cm slices
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 6 Florets of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cut chillies in pieces and add to mixing bowl. Add coriander and water. Chop 3 sec / sp 7. Scrape down. Chop 3 sec / sp 7. Continue until mixture is chopped finely. Set aside.
Add grated coconut and water to mixing bowl. Blend 1min / sp 9. Pour mixture into a nut milk bag and squeeze out all the liquid. Discard pulp or keep it to make coconut flour. Set the milk aside.
Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Add ghee to mixing bowl. 6 min / sp 1 / 120 degree. When the temperature has reached 120 degree, about 3 minutes in, add all spices including bay leave and nuts. Do not use MC in this step.
Add coriander paste to mixing bowl. Without MC, 3 min / sp 1 / varoma. Scrape down. 1 min / sp 1 / varoma.
Turn on Automated function for boiling rice. Follow the automated function instructions with the following substitutes:
When the step says add 1000g water, substitute that with coconut milk and top up the liquid to 520ml with water.
Where the step says add bay leave, skip.
Where the step says add salt, add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Where the step says add oil, skip.
Where the step says add rice, add the 1 cup rice, chicken, and all vegetables.
Coriander Paste Method
Cooking the rice
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy veggie pasta
- Sushi Rice
- Bacon and mushroom pasta
- CREAMY TOM YUM ONE POT PASTA
- Variation Bacon, Sweet Potato, Pea and Corn Risotto
- Lynette's Prawn & Tarragon Risotto
- Four Cheese Ravioli Filling
- Black rice with prawns and cuttlefish
- Ravjul Inspired Gnocchi with garlic tomato sauce
- Pasta Salad
- White Rice with Garlic Sause
- Variation Red Lentil Dahl
- Apple turnover
- German Chocolate Cake
- Happy cooks Malva pudding
- Fig & Almond Cake
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- Light Masala Tea
- Apple Almond Tart
- GlazBro Silverside
- Magnolia Kitchen 'Charlotte's' Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Apple Pie Porridge