- 200 g butternut pumpkin, Cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 Half of a Broccoli, Cut into florettes
- 1 Half of a Zuchini, Cut in half lengthwise then in 5mm slices
- 1 Quarter of red capsicum, Cut into thin strips
- 180 g haloumi cheese, Cut into 2cm cubes
- 100 g frozen peas
- 100 g frozen corn kernels
- 6 slices Ham of your choice (cut thin), Place ham slices on top of each other,roll up and slice 1cm thick (leave rolled up)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs Flat leaf Parsley, fresh, leaves only
- 2 sprigs Basil Fresh, leaves only
- 1 brown onion, Cut in half
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chilli, more or less to taste
- 25 g Rice Bran Oil
- 450 g water
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes, (1 cans)
- 6-8 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 30 g tomato paste
- 30 g Vegetable Stock Paste (BCB)
- 250 g dried penne pasta or fettucine
- Grated Parmesan, to serve on top
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Autumn Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Valentine’s Day Winter Cooking Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma Easy Low budget Quick Buffet Everyday Kids in the kitchen Party Australian European Dinner Lunch Egg free Non-dairy Italian Mediterranean Pasta dish
- 1. Place all the vegetables & haloumi cheese for the Varoma in it, in the order listed, loosely so that steam can get through. Leave the ham rolled up & position evenly over the other ingredients. Sprinkle the herbs, salt & pepper over the top. Set aside.
2. Place Parsley and basil in TM bowl chop 3sec/Sp 7, scrape down sides. Add onion, garlic & chilli into TM bowl, chop 2sec/Sp 7. Scrape down sides. Add Parsnip and carrots, chop 2sec/Sp 5. Scrape down sides.
3. Add oil & saute 3min/110*/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Sp 1.
4. Add water, Roma tomatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato paste & stock paste. Place Varoma dish into position and cook 17min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Sp 1.
5. Remove Varoma, add pasta or fettucine & stir in a little, then place Varoma back into position. Cook 13-15min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Sp 1- or until pasta and vegetables are cooked just right.
6. Using your Thermo Server (or large casserole dish) mix Varoma ingredients with the Veg Tomato pasta. Serve immediately.
Haloumi, Ham and Veg Tomato Pasta
Accessories you need
This can easily be a Vegetarian dish by leaving out the ham and even possibly vegan by leaving out the cheese.
It can also be turned into a bake by placing it into a large shallow casserole dish once it is cooked, stir together, then cover with bread crumbs & a little grated cheese. Bake in moderate oven or grill until a golden brown.
I have discovered that Penne and fettucine are really the only suitable pasta for this dish as it stays together better when cooking in the sauce.
Haloumi can be substituted with 120g of firm feta cheese, cubed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hunters Frozen Espresso Martini
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw