- 400 grams Macaroni Pasta
- 1200 grams water
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 250 grams cheese, cut into pieces (3cm)
- 100 grams onion, (Small onion) cut in half
- 40 grams Butter
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 250 grams bacon, diced into small pieces
- 400 grams Canned crushed tomatoes
- 600 grams Milk
- 40 grams plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder, (optional)
- 1- 2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
- 40 grams breadcrumbs, to sprinkle on top
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 180°C. and Grease a baking dish (30 x 20cms approx)and set aside for later.
- Add Cheese to Mixing Bowl
rinse mixing bowl and grate for 5 sec/ Speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside for later
- Add water and 1 teaspoon of salt to the mixing bowl and bring to the boil for 8 mins/Varoma/Speed1 until boiling.
- Add Macaroni to Mixing Bowl
Drain pasta and transfer into baking dish that is set aside.
RINSE and DRY mixing bowl and cook for 10mins/90°C/ Reverse /Speed 1 (until cooked)
- Add Onion to the mixing bowl and Chop 3secs/ speed 7
scrape down sides of mixing bowl and repeat this step if necessary
- Place Bacon and Butter into mixing bowl and cook 4mins/90°C/Reverse /speed 1.
- Add Canned tomatoes (400g) and cook 4mins/90°C/Reverse/ speed 1
- Add Flour, Milk , 1/2 teaspoon salt, Pepper & mustard (if using)
Cook 6mins/90°C/ Reverse/ speed 2.
-once this step is complete. check the flour hasnt "clumped" and if it has, then Mix at a higher speed 2secs/ speed 6
- Add 150gms of reserved grated cheese and cook 1min/90°C/
Pasta Sauce will have a pinkish/red colour to it, with the added tomatoe.
Reverse/ speed 2
- Pour bacon and Sauce mixture intp the Baking dish with the cooked pasta, stir through to combine.
Then top with Breadcrumbs and remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20mins or until golden brown.
Accessories you need
any leftovers can be re-heated for the next day or frozen in single serve conatiners for another day.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Tomato Sauce
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Sugar Cookies
- Minced beef Goulash
- Easter Egg Buns
- Mee Rebus