- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 15 grams olive oil
- 400 grams Canned crushed tomatoes
- 400 grams tomato puree
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500 grams Beef mince
- 1/2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 egg
- 1 portions Cup White Rice
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- Pre Heat Oven 200 degrees
Baking Tray 28cm x 36 cm
- Add Onion & Garlic Chop 3 seconds sp 3
- Add oil and sautee 3 minutes 100 degrees sp 1
- Add Beef mince (see notes you can use any type of mince or a can of corned beef - if you are using corned beef cooking time is varied on this step see below)
- Add Tomato paste, Tomato Puree & Crushed tomato, stock paste, curry powder, sugar "Counter-clockwise operation" 15 mins 120 degrees sp 1
- Whilst the sauce is cooking add 1 cup of white rice RAW (I use short grain because it is Australian) but any type of white rice to the tray
- Beat the eggs in a bowl add them to the rice mix with a fork and add some water say half a cup or so
- Once sauce is cooked pour it in the dish over the rice, egg, parmesean cheese and water mixture mix with a fork and fill the dish almost to the top with water
- Bake for approx 30-40 minutes until all the water has been absorped.
Maltese Baked Rice
Accessories you need
You can make your own grated cheese, vegetable stock & minced meat refer to basic cookbook you can also make your tomato paste refer to recipe community.
Fresh tomato is fine
Replace mince with a can of corned beef if you are using this break down with a fork and mix sp 3 for 3 seconds on step 4.
Note remember you do not cook the rice it will cook and absorp the sauce
Cook time & water are roughly guessed I just make this recipe from the top of my head as my mum and nan taught me!
My kids love this they call it "Orange Rice"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken rice paste
- Tuna Risotto
- Amazing Mac and cheese
- My kids favourite Bolognese
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Spinach and Cheese Pie
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Ibu Sambal
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish