- 300 g brown rice
- 800 g water
- 100 g quinoa
- 750 g chicken tenderloin
- 1 tbsp Moroccan Seasoning
- 60 g walnuts
- 2 oranges, segmented. (Reserve juice for dressing)
- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley - leaves only (plus a little extra to serve)
- 50 g olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- reserved juice from oranges
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Measure rice in basket. Remove basket containing rice & immerse in cold water for 20-30 mins to soak.
2. While rice is soaking, add parsley to bowl & chop 5 sec, sp 9. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add walnuts and turbo 2 sec. Set parsley/walnut mix aside
3. Coat chicken in moroccan seasoning (Quick easy way is to put seasoning in bag with chicken & toss). Then place chicken in Varoma tray.
4.Rinse rice & place basket in clean TMX bowl. Add 800g fresh water.
5. Put Varoma in place and commence cooking rice & chicken for 18min Varoma sp 4
6. Check chicken is cooked & remove Varoma putting chicken into ThermoServer to rest.
7. Add quinoa to brown rice, lightly stir and further cook with MC in place, 9min, Varoma sp 4. When done, transfer rice/quinoa to a salad plate. Cool slightly. Mix through reserved parsley/walnut mix and orange segments.
8. Dressing: Rinse bowl. add oil, mustard, reserved juice. Mix 10sec sp 4.
9. To assemble salad: Slighly break with hands the tenderloins & place on rice/quinoa mix. Spoon over dressing. Sprinkle with extra parsley leaves.
Accessories you need
Suitable for TM31 and TM5
Salad can be served warm or chilled
Enjoy served with green beans or asparagus
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- YOMI (Yogi Milan) Indian Coffee Mix
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce