- 400 g tomato passata, Mutti brand
- 2 stalks celery stalk, Medium
- 2 carrots, Medium
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 level teaspoons dried italian herbs
- 1 level teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-2 level tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tomatoes
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 cubes OXO stock cube
- 15 g olive oil
Quarter onion, and roughly chop carrots and celery into 1inch pieces. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic cloves to the TM bowl. Chop 5 seconds, speed 5,MC on.
Add olive oil and cook 100/5 mins/sp2.MC on.
Roughly chop tomato in to large chunks/quarters and add to tm bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and cook 20 mins speed 1/100/MC on.
Accessories you need
This base sauce can be used as a vegetarian pasta sauce, or paired with mince for a comforting Bolognese sauce. Use this base to create chilli con carne or lasagne hope your family enjoy this as much as mine!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Not So Fried Rice
- Fatet chicken shawerma
- Easy Mac~n~Cheese
- Creamy tomato eggplant pasta with chorizo
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese