- 400 grams mixed chopped vegies, (i use 300gms frozen and add some chinese cabbage and snow peas)
- 100 g ms of freshly chopped pineapple
- 200 grams bacon, sliced, preferably free range organic
- 400 g rice, white or brown
- 4-5 eggs, beaten
- 150 grams Pineapple fresh, chopped in chunks
- 400 grams coconut milk, 1 tin
- 200 grams water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
8Recipe is created for
Place rice basket into Thermomix bowl, and weigh in:
400g of raw rice (or less if you want a smaller batch).Use brown or white rice Remove basket and rinse rice,
Add to TM bowl..- 1 tin of coconut milk- 150gms fresh pineapple.
-2 tablespoons soy sauce,
-1 tablespoon fish sauce
-1 teaspoon curry powder3. Mix on speed 9 for 20 seconds
Then add -200gms water (for white or basmati rice) / 400g water (for brown rice)
Add Rice Basket with Rice back to TM Bowl
Fasten lid onto bowl, place Varoma on top,
5. Place the chopped Bacon in Varoma dish.
On top of Bacon place vegies.
Wet some baking paper and place on Varoma tray, pour beaten eggs (seasoned with S&P) on to baking paper and place on top of Varoma Dish.
Make sure you can put the tray and lid on the top so it closes properly.
IF USING WHITE RICE
Set TM to cook for 10 mins on Varoma heat on speed 4
6. Check egg and see if Omelete is cooked (dont over cook or it wil go rubbery.
if cooked, take tray out and replace varoma lid to continue cooking rice and vegies, give the vegies and rice a stir at this stage.
Continue cooking for another 10 mins on Varoma temp speed 4 (or until rice and vegies are cooked. Depending on what vegies you use you may need to take vegies out before the rice,
IF USING BROWN RICE (cook for 35mins)
Add the meat and veggies and egg in the last 20 mins of cooking
7. Remove Varoma and rice basket, place Varoma lid underneath Varoma bowl, and stir the rice into the meat and veges. Slice the egg up in tray and tip into Varoma bowl with rice. Season with some homemade sweet chilli sauce and serve! Easy!
TIP the sauce down the bottom thickens and can be poured over the rice ( i like a dry fried rice though) or save it and use it for a yummy sauce over BBQ chicken or a dipping sauce for kebabs
Recipe contributes by Cathy Mueller, Group Leader for Thermomix Australia
Adapted from Jo Whittons Quirky Cooking website.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pizza pasta salad
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Cauliflower & Broccoli "Rice"
- Feta Meatballs with red sauce
- Creamy tomato, chicken and pasta
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- All-in-one Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- Meaty Spaghetti Bolognese
- Creamy Lemon and Garlic Chicken Risotto
- Japanese Gyoza (dumplings)
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Sticky Pork Belly
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Sweet potato, Carrot and Apple Puree
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup