- 200 g tasty cheese, cubed
- 50 g mozarella cheese, cubed
- 200 g brown rice, raw, thoroughly washed and drianed
- 1200 g water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Eggs (Large)
- 70 g Spinach Leaves, shredded
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100 g Feta cheese (cubed or crumbled)
1h 15minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place the tasty cheese and mozarella cheese into the TM bowl and grate for 5 seconds / speed 8. Set aside.
Place the water in the bowl and add 1/2 tsp of salt. Make sure that rice is well rinsed and drained and place in the simmering basket inside the TM jug. Close and lock the lid and blitz for 5 seconds / speed 10 (this will help to prevent any uncooked rice!)
Now cook rice for 40 mins / Varoma temp / Speed 2. The water will bubble up through the MC hole so I place my empty Varoma base (without the Varoma lid) on top of the TM bowl to act as a spatter guard and prevent any mess.
While rice is cooking prepare your vegetables and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 200°C and line the base and sides of a 19cm square pan with baking paper.
Once the rice is cooked, remove the basket from the TM bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Empty the remaining water from the TM bowl and rinse with cold water. No need to dry the bowl.
Empty the rice into the TM bowl and add ONE egg and HALF of the grated cheese (about 120g) and combine for 5-10 seconds / reverse / speed 3 (or untill combined).
Pour into the lined square tin.... no need to wash the bowl. Press the rice mixture firmly down and top with spinach, red capsicum and asparagus. Set aside
Add remaining eggs, feta cheese and balance of grated cheese to the TM bowl and combine 5 seconds / / speed 4 (until evenly combined... it does not have to be smooth). Pour this mixture evenly over the vegetables and bake in a hot oven for about 30 minutes. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This quiche can be served warm or cold, so it makes a good addition to the picnic basket!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Savoury Crackers
- Spicy Capsicum and Feta Zucchetti (spiralised Zucchini "spaghetti")
- Egg Drop Soup with Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Stock Paste
- Mulligatawny Soup (Curried Chicken and Rice Soup)
- Carola's Brussels Sprout Delight
- Carola's Cauliflower Soup
- Gulab Jamun
- Spinach and Tuna Lasagne
- Mango & Pistachio Icecream Log
- Pita Bread Pockets
- Shoarma (Shawarma)
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken