- 1 butternut pumpkin, (approx. 1.5 kg), halved
- 200 g brown rice
- 1 l water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 --- spring onion/shallot, cut into quarters
- 200 g Diced bacon
- 30 g olive oil
- 1/2 --- lemon, zest and juice
- 1 zucchini, cut into halves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried sage
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 70 g raisins
- 70 g spinach leaves, washed, torn
- 40 g cheese, chopped
- 40 g feta cheese, chopped
Preheat oven to 190oC and line baking tray.
Measure brown rice in simmering basket then rinse under cold water before placing the simmering basket into mixing bowl with water.
Place halved pumpkin into Varoma dish and place in position. Cook rice and pumpkin for 30 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove pumpkin from Varoma dish and set rice aside rice in a separate bowl.
Place garlic cloves and spring onion into moxing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Add bacon and oil and cook 3 min/100oC/.
Add lemon zest, juice, zucchini, dried sage, raisins and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 min/100oC/.
In the meantime, scoop out pumpkin flesh leaving approx. 3 cm around the edge. Place hollowed pumpkin halves onto lined baking tray and add pumpkin flesh to bacon and mix 8 sec/ speed 5. Scrape down sides of the mixing bowl with spatula and repeat mixing if required.
Add torn spinach leaves and cooked brown rice to mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/ speed 5.
Scoop fruity rice mixture into hollowed pumpkin halves.
Add cheese and feta to mixing bowl and grated 3 sec/speed 8. Sprinkle over the top of pumpkins filled with fruity rice mixture.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on 190oC or until golden brown.
Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
Great baby puree - blitz fruity pumpkin & rice on speed 7 for just a few seconds. My little boy inhaled it because the raisins gave it a slight sweetness.
No raisins?? I would imagine dried cranberries or apricots would also give this dish a lovely flavour. I was also tempted to give this recipe a go with sunflower seeds or pinenuts. Very adapatble. Use fresh herbs if you have them.
Recipe adapted from Taste magazine, October 2013 p. 43
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey mustard chicken
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Tomato, Feta and Basil Pasta
- Best Ever Fried Rice
- GF Easy Non-Fried Fried Rice
- Quick Chick
- Creamy chicken gnocchi with spinach
- Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach risotto
- Red Capsicum Mac and cheese.
- Sweet Potato Pea Risotto
- BLADE COVER Alfredo pasta
- Variation One pot pasta bolognese - Hidden Veg
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Thai pork with eggplant
- Chicken pot pie
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Frozen Choc Bliss Bar
- Mascarpone and Herb Tart with Roasted Capsicum
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- Walnut, Feta and Quinoa Salad
- A Quiche for Cheats
- Two Tone (Chocolate/Hazelnut) Christmas Shortbread
- Old fashioned cream buns with mock cream filling
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Honey mustard chicken
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup