THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 g parmesan, small cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 brown onion
- 40 g olive oil
- 40 g Butter
- 500 grams arborio rice
- 100 grams white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock, Or vegetable stock
- 900 grams water
- 100 g Bocconcini
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g Milk
- handful of fresh parsley
- 2 clove garlic
- 500 g Beef mince
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for greasing varoma
- 1 brown onion, cut in half
- 800 g tinned whole roma tomatoes, crush sp3.5/5sec
1h 30minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Grate cheese 10sec/sp10. Reserve then wash & dry bowl.
- Cook eggs in steaming basket following recipe for 'Boiled Eggs'in Basic Cookbook. Run under cold water then set aside to cool.
- Add onion, garlic & oil to chop 3sec/sp5. Scrape sides with spatula add butter & sautee 5min/120°C/sp1.
- Add rice to bowl close lid without cup 1min/120°C/sp1.5
- Use spatula to scrape bottom of bowl add wine close lid without cup 2min/120°C/sp1.5
Loosen rice with spatula. Add stock & water. Place steaming basket on to lid to replace MC cook 13min/100°C/sp1.5
Remove from bowl stir through reserved parmesan.
The meatballs in tomato sauce from the Basic Cookbook is perfect for the filling. Follow the recipe from your cookbook.
Dependant on the region of Italy you could add 1/2 a cup of peas to your sauce once cooked.
- While your sauce & meatballs are cooking, coat tin with 1-2tblsp butter. Dust with 3-4 tblsp breadcrumbs making sure it is evenly coated with no bald spots this is very important to prevent sticking.
- Add meatballs to the sauce set aside.
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Spoon 2/3 of risotto into your tin. With wet hands press rice evenly over the bottom of tin and carefully up the sides and middle if using a bundt tin.
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half and place yolk side down on to the rice.
- Spoon meatballs & sauce over eggs & rice. Top with bocconcini by pushing bocconcini into sauce mix. Press gently to ensure it is evenly packed.
- Spoon remaining risotto over the filling. Using damp hands press top layer of rice into the rice on edges to seal. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
Bake for 45min or until golden.
Remove from oven & rest for 15 minutes before turning out on to a plate.
Time to assemble
The hardest thing about this recipe is lining your tin. Use the butter generously to grease your tin this will help your breadcrumbs stick to the sides.
I have used a bundt tin but any tin/dish of similar size will work.
This is delicious and well worth the effort.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Chocolate Hemisphere Biscuits
- Coconut Macaroons (inspired by Donna Hay)
- Mustard Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Salad (inspired by Cafedelites)
- Italian Easter Biscuits
- Pistachio Biscotti inspired by Donna Hay
- Orange & Honey Muffins
- Raw Hedgehog Slice (inspired by Raw Reset)
- Capretto (Baby Goat) with Creamy Polenta
- Breakfast Beans
- Choc Chunk & Vanilla Muffins
- Fig & Pistachio Roulade