- 500 grams beef (rump), you can use bought mince but I mince my own.
- 500 grams Pork, again, store bought is ok or buy fillet or similar
- 175 grams Bacon Pieces
- 175 grams Sliced Salami, I used mild for the kids but hot would be YUM
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Mixed Herbs (thyme, basil, oregano), dried is fine but if you have fresh, throw a couple of handfuls in
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, I use Quirky Cooking Ketchup but store-bought will do fine.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 grams oil, Rice Bran or light Olive Oil
- 800 grams Ardmona chopped Tomatoes, (2 tins)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 190 grams sundried tomato pesto, I use Leggos
- 2 teaspoons Thermie veggie stock
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Herbs, See description in Meatball Ing list
- 170 grams water, (fill the empty pesto jar and swish to get that last bit of flavour)
- 1 package spaghetti, or other pasta
- 40 grams Parmesan cheese, to stir through
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If you're using store bought beef and/or pork mince, put the mince straight into a glass or stainless steel bowl.
If you are mincing your own meats, cut the beef and pork into cubes and mince in 2x 500gm lots by placing 500gm into the Thermomix bowl and mincing Speed 5, 30 seconds. Set aside in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
Without rinsing bowl, add the Onion, Garlic, Bacon and Salami to bowl and chop Speed 5, 8 Seconds.
Add the onion mixutre to the minced meats.
Add Egg, Breadcrumbs, Herbs, Tomato Sauce and Plain flour to the mixture and mix through with your hands.
At this stage the meatball mixture can be placed covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours or used straight away.
Cooking the meatballs
Heat 1800 gm water in the Thermomix bowl on Varoma Temp, speed 2.5
While the water is heating, make your meatballs by rolling them into small balls around 40gm each (they just fit nicely into my palm).
Place rolled balls into the Varoma dish and tray until full.
Once the Thermomix has reached Varoma temp, please Varoma on the machine and Cook the meatballs on Varoma Temp, Speed 3 for 35 min.
Once cooked, place into a Thermoserver
PLEASE NOTE: THIS RECIPE FILLED MY 2.6L THERMOSERVER TO THE BRIM!
While your meatballs are resting the the Thermoserver, make the pasta sauce (if you're lucky enough to have 2 Thermomixes, you can make the sauce while your meatballs are cooking)
Place onion and garlic in Thermomix bowl and chop Speed 5, 5 seconds.
Scrape down bowl, add oil and saute 100deg, 4 min, Speed 1.
Add chopped tomatoes, sugar, pesto, Veggie stock paste, herbs, water
Cook 10 min, !00deg, Speed 1. Place simmering basket on lid instead of measuring cup.
Pour on top of meatballs in Thermoserver and let stand until ready to serve :)
Cook pasta in Thermomix or your preferred method.
Serve your meatballs and sauce on top of your pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
WARNING - this dish serves around 8 people... FEEL FREE TO HALF THE AMOUNTS
Please be aware that this recipe makes a large amount of food. Although untested, there should be no reason the recipe couldn't be halved.
I made the pasta sauce in my TM31 while my meatballs cooked in the TM5 so the recipe can be used in both machines.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pizza pasta salad
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Cauliflower & Broccoli "Rice"
- Feta Meatballs with red sauce
- Creamy tomato, chicken and pasta
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- All-in-one Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- Meaty Spaghetti Bolognese
- Creamy Lemon and Garlic Chicken Risotto
- Japanese Gyoza (dumplings)
- WW 7 SP Taco SALAD
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Almond Butter Fudge
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Sticky Pork Belly
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Milo, a slightly more wholesome version this is "MYlo" 😊
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Sweet potato, Carrot and Apple Puree
- Gluten Free Chunky steak, mushroom and mince pie
- Budget Brownie