- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh red chillis, seeds removed if you don't like too hot
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 --- anchovy fillets, in oil
- 2 teaspoons capers, salted, in salt or brine
- 400 gram can Chopped Tomatoes
- 75 grams Pitted black olives, I pit them myself - always better - and just rip in half
- 400 grams dried spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
1. Place Parmesan Cheese in TM bowl and grate for 10-15 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
2. Place the oil, chilli, garlic and anchovy in to the TM bowl and chop for 5 secs on speed 7
3. Add the capers and saute for 2 mins, Varoma temp, speed 1
4. Add the can of tomatoes and the olives and cook for 25 mins/100 deg c//
5. Boil the kettle, put the water in to a pot and get the spaghetti on
6. Cook the pasta until al dente then drain, reserving the cooking liquid.
7. When there is approx 4-5 mins left of cooking time, add a ladle of reserved cooking liquid to the TM bowl to create a gorgeous shiny sauce
8. Once the TM is finished, tip the pasta and the sauce in to a large bowl. Coat the pasta with the sauce then serve in pasta bowls.
9. Fresh grated parmesan over the top to serve.
The literal translation from Italian is 'whore's style pasta', a tangy, somewhat salty Italian pasta dish invented in the mid-20th century. The ingredients are typical of Southern Italian cuisine: tomatoes, olive oil, olives, capers, and garlic (thank you Wikipedia).
This is a simple recipe adapted from my favourite little pasta cookbook. A gorgeous, full flavoured dish that I cook for everybody.
A great 'pescetarian' recipe (vegetarian/fish eaters) and a great dinner party dish to be served to four with warm bread for soaking up all the lovely juices.
Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo this time round but will upload one soon.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- Family Spag Bowl
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados