- 120 grams Tasty cheese
- 60 grams pamersan cheese
- 45 grams plain flour
- 50 grams Butter
- .1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 grams Milk
- 400 grams Dried Elbow Pasta, Add or Subtract to your own judgement
Start by boilng saucepan of water for pasta, season water. Add dried pasta when boiling.
Add both tasty and pamersan cheese to Thermomix Bowl and grate 5 Secs/Speed 8. Add all ingredients and cook 7 - 8 Mins/Speed 3/90 Degrees.
Once completed and pasta is cooked, drain pasta and drop back into saucepan. Add Cheese sauce to pasta and carefully combine. Serve.....I take no responsibility if you eat this whole thing on your own. I know I have in the past (oops). Enjoy.....there is nothing better on a cold winters day/night then the smell, taste and texture of Mac & Cheese
I have cooked double the mixture a couple of times now. It just fits in the Bowl and is great for a big feed if having heaps of kids/big kids around. When chopping the cheese....leave it go for about 15 seconds and make sure to cook the sauce for at least 16 mins. The sauce covers 800gs of elbow pasta perfectly anymore and I find it doesnt cover enough and becomes kind of cluggy. But make sure you dont use anything but good plain flour and most definitely don't use pre grated cheese as the anticaking agent in grated cheese clogs up the sauce and trust me....its tastes so much better when made from the block for both type of cheeses
I cant stress enough how much the best quality cheese you can get makes such a difference with this dish. Mix it up also....try some different types of cheese to create different flavours!!
Im chuffed everyone loves this Mac & Cheese....thankyou to everyone who is leaving comments and raiting it.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Carbonara pasta sauce ( hidden vege, can be dairy free)
- Jahana's Gluten & dairy free Penne pasta
- Variation Vegetarian 'Fried' Rice
- Cheese Tortellini
- Avocado chicken fettuccine
- Hokkien Mee ala @levi_nathania
- Thermolove Pasta Sauce
- Frozen Vegetable Risotto
- Beef & Basil Pesto Meatballs
- Fresh Sourdough Pasta
- Spicy Mango Chicken Pasta Salad
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Variation Shortcut Natural Yoghurt