- 130 grams Tasty cheese
- 70 grams pamersan cheese
- 45 grams plain flour
- 50 grams Butter
- .1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 grams Milk
- 2 level tsp dried basil
- 500 grams Dried Elbow Pasta, Add or Subtract to your own judgement
- Start by boilng saucepan of water for pasta, season water. Add dried pasta when boiling.
Add both tasty and pamersan cheese to Thermomix Bowl and grate 5 Secs/Speed 8. Add all ingredients and cook 7 - 8 Mins/Speed 3/90 Degrees.
Once completed and pasta is cooked, drain pasta and drop back into saucepan. Add Cheese sauce to pasta and carefully combine. Serve.....I take no responsibility if you eat this whole thing on your own. I know I have in the past (oops). Enjoy.....there is nothing better on a cold winters day/night then the smell, taste and texture of Mac & Cheese
I have cooked double the mixture a couple of times now. It just fits in the Bowl and is great for a big feed if having heaps of kids/big kids around. When chopping the cheese....leave it go for about 15 seconds and make sure to cook the sauce for at least 16 mins. The sauce covers 800gs of elbow pasta perfectly anymore and I find it doesnt cover enough and becomes kind of cluggy. But make sure you dont use anything but good plain flour and most definitely don't use pre grated cheese as the anticaking agent in grated cheese clogs up the sauce and trust me....its tastes so much better when made from the block for both type of cheeses
I cant stress enough how much the best quality cheese you can get makes such a difference with this dish. Mix it up also....try some different types of cheese to create different flavours!!
Im chuffed everyone loves this Mac & Cheese....thankyou to everyone who is leaving comments and raiting it.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Choke Gnocchi
- Variation CAPSICUM & MUSHROOM GNOCCHI (ONE BOWL)
- Spicy Vodka Pasta
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Lugaw (Authentic Filipino Rice Dish)
- Creamy veggie pasta
- Sushi Rice
- Bacon and mushroom pasta
- CREAMY TOM YUM ONE POT PASTA
- Variation Bacon, Sweet Potato, Pea and Corn Risotto
- Carrot, Maple and Sultana Muffins
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
- Thai flavoured Pumpkin soup
- Vi's lemon curd crumble muffins
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Miso suace
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Milo Biscuits Variation
- Weetbix and fruit balls