- 200 grams fresh cayenne chillies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 750 grams white vinegar
- 500 grams caster sugar
- 7 grams sea salt flakes
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Trim and slice in half 90g of chillis. Put in bowl. Chop 10 seconds speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Trim, halve, deseed and halve again remaining chillis. Put in bowl with garlic cloves and 250ml vinegar. Chop 10 seconds speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add remaining 500g vinegar, 500g of sugar and 7g salt flakes. Mix speed 3 for 2-3 minutes.
4. Cook for 10 minutes at 65 degrees on speed 2.
5. Using simmering basket as the lid, cook for 25 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1.
6. Check for desired consistency of sauce. Using simmering basket as the lid, cook for a further 15 minutes at 110 degrees speed 1. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.
7. Pour into sterilised jars/bottles while still hot. Makes about 3 and a half 200ml bottles.
Sauce needs to rapidly boil and then simmer for a reasonable period of time to thicken. Unfortunately it can't easily be watched inside the Thermo bowl while cooking. If you are not confident to stop start and cook at a very high temperature in the Thermo bowl, transfer to a saucepan to thicken to desired consistency on the stove.
If bottles/jars are sterilised and sealed properly, product will last up to 18months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fermented cucumbers
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Beetroot Burgers
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Cauliflower mango coconut curry
- Chickpea and oat crackers
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Paleo savoury muffins
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets