- 6 shortcut bacon rashers
- 5 grams chives
- 500 grams Pouring Cream
- 500 grams chilled water
Recipe is created for
1. Fry bacon in pan. Remove when crispy and place on paper towel. Place in fridge to cool.
2. Once bacon is cool and dry. Place 5 of the rashers into thermomix and mix on speed 9 for 20 seconds until bacon becomes dust. Set aside.
3. Add the chives to the thermomix and chop 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside with the bacon dust.
4. Add the pouring cream and add butterfly. Whip 1 - 3 mins on speed 4 until buttermilk separates from solids.
5. Place basket into bowl and pour out buttermilk. Remove basket.
Use the TM spatula to press the butter against the wall of the bowl to squeeze more of the butter milk out of the solid. Pour out remaining buttermilk.
6. Add 500mls of well chilled water. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 4.
Repeat process of separating the liquid from the solid.
7. Add the reserved bacon rasher to the butter and mix on speed 7 for 10 seconds. This step gives you more visible pieces of bacon in your end result if preferred.
8. Add reserved bacon dust and chives and mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds.
Place butter onto a large sheet of clingwrap and roll into desired shape before placing in fridge or freezer.
I place mine into the freezer and use when needed on fresh bread, in carbonara, on vegetables or baked potatoes.
I have used the buttermilk to make Soft butter rolls from the EDC.
Shape them into pigs and pull appart when serving with Bacon dust and chive butter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.