- 300 grams Tomato ketcjup, Make in the TM
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 4 tablespoons treacle
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon Paprike, I used smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup, I used honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, only if needed
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey, or Bundy rum or whisky
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
Recipe is created for
Add all the ingredients to the TM except the cider vinegar, brown sugar, bourbon & Liquid smoke
Cook for20 minutes on 90 degrees on speed 1-2
Add 2 tbls of cider and liquid smoke if using.
Taste and adjust the flavours. If too sweet add more cider. If too tangy add some brown sugar.
Cook for 3 minutes on 90 degrees on speed 1-2.
Add bourbon and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4.
Bottle and refrigerate.
Accessories you need
You can make this recipe your own by experimenting with other flavours like honey, molasses, smoked paprika and different vinegars. Also try Bundaberg rum or whisky instead of bourbon.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Dad’s Sauce - Easy and healthy gluten free tomato ketchup.
- Cheesey Mexican Salsa Dip
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Simple, creamy Hommus
- Weight Watchers 0 Point Pasta Sauce
- Custard Cross Buns
- Fleur's Cauliflower Muffins
- Mushroom Cappuccino with flavoured oil
- Banana Hazelnut & Honey Bread
- Carrot Cakes with Harissa Yoghurt
- Bánh Xèo - Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes with Nuoc Tuong - Yellow Bean Sauce
- Pistachio ANZAC Biscuits - Variation on EDC recipe
- Cashew Cheese - dairy free
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Sautéed Chestnut Mushrooms