- 400 g beetroot fresh, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Orange, peel and keep zest, then slice off pith- keep flesh
- 1 Onion, medium (red is lovely), quartered
- 1 Medium Granny Smith apple, quartered
- 1 centimetre ginger fresh
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 Star Anise (or 1/4 teaspoon cloves or ground nutmeg)
- 180 g Red or white wine vinegar
- 250 g sugar, Raw/white/brown etc, any fine!
With blades running on Speed 7, drop orange zest in through hole in lid til all in bowl.
Add beetroot, orange, apple, onion and ginger to TM bowl and grate 6 sec / sp 4.
Add spices, vinegar, and sugar, and cook for 28 min / varoma temp, sp 1, with simmer basket on lid instead of MC. Check consistency and if required, add more cooking time until cooked to your liking (depends on the size and juiciness of your orange/apple/beetroot.
Place into sterilized jars and store in fridge.
Lovely served as a condiment to ploughmans platter, or sandwiches with cold meats and salad, burgers, or with steak, lamb or sausages.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crab Linguine for Two
- Speedy Chicken Curry
- No bake choco mint cheesecake
- Pineapple Daiquiri
- Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- BBQ Favourite: Curried Rice Salad
- Banana Colada
- Mango, Banana & Passionfruit Icecream
- Moist Italian Apple Flan
- Beer Bread
- Custard Creams
- Versatile Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Patties
- mint sauce tm5
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Pot set yoghurt
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice