- 400 g beetroot fresh, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Orange, peel and keep zest, then slice off pith- keep flesh
- 1 Onion, medium (red is lovely), quartered
- 1 Medium Granny Smith apple, quartered
- 1 centimetre ginger fresh
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 Star Anise (or 1/4 teaspoon cloves or ground nutmeg)
- 180 g Red or white wine vinegar
- 250 g sugar, Raw/white/brown etc, any fine!
With blades running on Speed 7, drop orange zest in through hole in lid til all in bowl.
Add beetroot, orange, apple, onion and ginger to TM bowl and grate 6sec / sp 4.
Add spices, vinegar, and sugar, and cook for 28 min / varoma temp, sp 1, with simmer basket on lid instead of MC. Check consistency and if required, add more cooking time until cooked to your liking (depends on the size and juiciness of your orange/apple/beetroot.
Place into sterilized jars and store in fridge.
Accessories you need
Lovely served as a condiment to ploughmans platter, or sandwiches with cold meats and salad, burgers, or with steak, lamb or sausages.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Coriander Dressing with Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Hummus
- Crab Linguine for Two
- Speedy Chicken Curry
- No bake choco mint cheesecake
- Pineapple Daiquiri
- Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- BBQ Favourite: Curried Rice Salad
- Banana Colada
- Mango, Banana & Passionfruit Icecream
- Moist Italian Apple Flan
- Beer Bread
- Custard Creams
- Versatile Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Patties
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream