- 1 I tin of organic chickpeas drained and rinsed or 250-300 g well cooked chickpeas
- 60-70 g of lemon juice (or less and top up with a little water)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 peeled strips of lemon zest (no pith)
- 2 tbsp hulled organic tahini
- 1 tsp of agave or honey
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- cracked pepper
- Celtic or Himalayan salt
Place garlic and lemon zest in TM bowl and process of speed 8 for at least 10 secs or until the zest stops hitting the sides of the bowl. Scrape down and process again.
Add all ingredients except olive oil and blend on speed 4 for 1-2 mins.
Scape down sides and around the base of the blade, add olive oil, and blend another 2-3 mins.
Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve with dukkah, crackers, crudites, beetroot salad, any salad, on bread..........
If chickpeas are a bit firm they will not make a smooth hummus. If tinned chickpeas are firm, cook them down in the brine from the tin for another 10-15mins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple and sage sauce
- Caitys chutney
- Avocado Hummus
- Lisa & Walid’s Hummus
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mango Jam
- Chippy Tea Curry Sauce
- Caesar Salad dressing
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free