- 1kg bluebrries, washed
- 700 g sugar
- 110 g Cointreau or brandy, optional, can be replaced with 50g water
- 100 g fresh lemon juice or 2t pectin, =about 4-5 TBLSPNS juice app.
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place a saucer in the fridge to test the jam.
Sterilise your jam jars. There are many ways. Google it.
Tip 500g of the blueberries and 350g of the sugar into the .
Blitz 4sec/sp4. Scrape.
Add the remaining ingredients (including the other 500g of unblitzed blueberries) and complete the following steps.
1. Place measuring basket on top and cook 20m/100°C/sp2/REV.
3. Cook again for 30m/100/Sp2/REV. Be warned...ther will be a fair amount of spatter. Keep that basket in place. If neccessary stop and scrape and set speed to 2.5.
5. Cook for a further 10m/Varoma/ sp2.5..watching for that spatter.. :O
6. Test on a cold saucer. It should gel. If not, cook further at Varoma until it does. Some blueberries are juicier than others and may take longer.
Very carefully pour the jam into sterilised jars and seal in a water bath or inverted.
I love cooking with seasonal produce. And when you do that...it is so economical!
Enjoy on crumpets, muffins, toast, stirred through icecream.. etc. etc. etc..
One final warning. This is not a "set and forget" recipe.
You really need to kepp a close eye on the hot jam spatter at all times.
*Recipe can easily be halved.
Just roughly take 20% off all the cooking times. But use your judgement when it comes to setting times.*
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Kingston biscuits
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Spicey Hot Chocolate Mix
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Raspberry & Rosewater Vodka
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti