- 100 g parmesan, cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g baby carrot tops, washed, dried, large stalks removed
- 50 g fresh basil leaves
- 20 g coriander leaves, fresh
- 20 g parsley leaves, fresh
- 20 g pine nuts, toasted
- 20 g pecans, toasted
- 20 g Cashews raw, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150 g extra virgin olive oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Parmesan Cheese into mixing bowl and grate 15 sec/sp 10. Briefly scrape around with spatula to lift cheese out of bottom edges.
Add all other ingrediants to mixing bowl putting the oil in last. Chop 20 sec/sp 7. Scrape down sides and into bottom edges. If neccessary Mix 4 sec/sp 4.
Use immediately or place in jars, seal and store in fridge.
Can be frozen in small portions (eg 2 teaspoons) for ease of use.
Accessories you need
The beauty of this pesto is the fresh zing of the carrot tops with the freshly grated parmesan and the added flavour of the nuts being toasted. That said though - you can adjust proportions of all the green leaves to taste, and substitutes of baby spinach or rocket are ideal. You can use either Curly or Italian parsley.
Adjust proportions of nuts to taste.
For a slightly different flavour, Pecorino cheese can be substituted for a small portion of parmesan (say 30-40g).
Reduce oil if using for a dip rather than for a pasta dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Tuna Mornay
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese