- 16 sage leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 800 g brown onion, sliced (or quartered, refer recipe), approximately 4 large onions
- 60 g olive oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 160 g balsamic vinegar
- 50 g brown sugar
5h 36minPreparation 5h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put sage inand chop 3sec/sp1. Set aside. No need to wash .
Add garlic, chop, 3sec/sp9. Scrape down with spatula.
Add sliced onion. Alternatively, add quartered onion and chop 3sec/sp4.
Add oil and sauté 15min/Varoma//sp2, MC off.
Add black mustard seeds and cook for a further 1min //sp2, MC off.
Add balsamic vingear and sugar and cook for 18min//Varoma/Sp2.
Add reserved sage and cook for a further 2mins//Varoma/Sp2.
Transfer to jars. Allow relish to warm jar and then place the lid on and turn upsidedown for at least 15 minutes to activate vacuum seal.
Refridgerate and use with roast pork, duck, chicken, meat of choice or even toast. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta