- 5-6 Large Pears = approx 900-1000 grams (I used combo of Bartlett and Anjou), (Cored and roughly chopped, but not peeled)
- 1 Large green apple, (Cored and roughly chopped, but not peeled)
- 1 Large Lemon - Juiced, (seeds strained out - approx 5 Teaspoons))
- 300 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt, (I grind mine in TM from rock salt - Speed 7 for 4 sec for 1 cup rock salt)
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Making pear puree:
Place pears, apple, and lemon juice in TM. Replace lid with MC inserted. Cook on Varoma, Speed 1 for approximately 30 minutes. Scrape down sides and check to see if all fruit is cooked until soft. Cook in additional 5 minute increments if necessary.
Puree fruit mixture for 30 sec, gradually increasing speed up to 9. (being careful as the jam mixture will be extremely hot)
To make the caramelized butter:
Add brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt to the Pear Jam mixture already in TM bowl.
Replace lid and remove MC. Place steamer basket on top of TM. Cook on Varoma, Speed 1 for 30 minutes or until desired consistency has been reached (Pear butter should coat the back of a spoon).
Can be spread on pancakes, scones, banana bread, ice cream, etc. [or eaten straight out of the jar ]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple and sage sauce
- Caitys chutney
- Avocado Hummus
- Lisa & Walid’s Hummus
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mango Jam
- Chippy Tea Curry Sauce
- Caesar Salad dressing
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter