- 1/2 cup tawny port
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, removed with vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Kentish cherry pulp (no pips)
- 1 cup redcurrant jelly
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- few drops Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, removed with vegetable peeler
In TMX bowl, blitz the orange and lemon rind for 15 seconds on speed 10.
Add port, orange and lemon juices, cherry pulp, jelly, onion, mustard, ginger and Tabasco.
Bring to the boil. Say 3 minutes on 100 degrees C on speed 3. Be careful as this may foam up of the pan. If it does so, replace measuring cup with simmering basket and drop speed back a notch.
Add arrowroot and mix together well - 5 seconds on speed 5.
Cook over low heat - 2 minutes at 80 degrees C on speed 4. Do not allow to boil.
Add the reserved orange and lemon rind.
Slowly bring the speed up from 1 to 9 to puree the sauce and blend thoroughly. This should talk about 35 seconds.
Serve over duck with cherries and spinach.
A tangy and colourful cherry sauce that looks wonderful for Christmas Dinner.
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from a recipe on pp.18-19 of What's Cooking? by Judith Sweet, a Habitat of Hobart publication, 1992.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)