- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 185 g white sugar
- 4 long fresh red chillies, halved, seeded (if desired), thinly sliced
- 60 g white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- pinch salt
Combine tomato and sugar in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 6 hours or overnight.
Transfer into TM bowl. Add chilli, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, salt and fish sauce and place the lid on top, MC removed and simmering basket sitting on top of lid. Heat for 45min/100C/speed 1.
Check consistency. Heat for another 10min/100C/speed soft.
Pour into desired bowl and allow to cool.
Accessories you need
* To check consistency, place a teaspoon of the jam onto a cooled saucer. If it turns to gel, the jam has set sufficiently.
** This chilli jam goes exceptionally well with squid or lightly dusted fish pieces as a dipping accompaniment!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Tuna Dip
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Banana oat pancake