- 5 grams Nutmeg, Ground
- 15 grams cloves, Ground
- 15 grams all spice, Ground
- 7 grams chilli powder
- 10 grams cumin seeds, Finely Ground
- 15 grams white pepper, Finely Ground
- 30 grams ginger, Ground or Powdered
- 375 grams vinegar, Malt, White or ACV
- 1/4 tsp citric acid, OPTIONAL
- 10 grams garam masala, Finely Ground
- 20 grams dried garlic granules, Finely Ground
- 3 small leaves bay leaves, 3 to 5 cm
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
- If you are using whole spices put them all together into the "Closed lid" bowl including any of the extra spices and place the Simmer Basket in to the bowl. Place the lid on and place a piece of paper towel or a kitchen cloth on the top to cover the hole and place in the MC.
- If you're using the whole spices grind on speed 7 for 20 seconds. Remove the lid and simmer basket from the bowl. Gather the bits and pieces of your spices that have caught in the simmer basket and tip them back into the bowl and place in the Simmer Basket, put the lid on and your kitchen towel and MC.
- Grind this for a further 60 seconds and check if the spices are powdered. Continue grinding for 20 second intervals and allowing the blade and bowl to cool between grindings. You do not want the contents to heat up.
- Once your spices are nicely powdered, scapes the sides down and add the Citric Acid if you are using it. Slowly weigh in the 375 grams (mls) of Vinegar. Allow the frothing to stop and continue mixing on Speed 3 for 10 seconds. Before decanting into your sterilised container (prefferably a bottle) check all your spices are mixed in from the sides of the bowl.
- Store in the fridge or the pantry. I store mine in the fridge. I don't use the Citric Acid if i am using it straight away in a recipe.
This is a mixture of recipes however the core ingredients are NUTMEG CLOVES ALLSPICE CHILLI GINGER VINEGAR.
Gather your ingredients
Accessories you need
The receptical you are storing your recipe in needs to be sterilised.
This is not really a sauce but an addition for flavouring Sauces and Chutneys. You shouldn't drink it or use it neat, it is for adding to sauces, pickles and chutneys in the cooking process to enhance the flavours.
Try adding 1/2 teaspoon to your home made dips.
The above recipe was created using a variety of sources including Jack & Reg Absaloms recipie in a camping forum that i had found.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.