- 1000 g ripe tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 large red capsicum, cut in pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 clove garlic
- 50 g oilve oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 bunch basil, using whole bunch leaves and stems
- 100 g white wine vinegar
- 80 g raw sugar
- 1 bunch Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1. Place tomatoes, capsicum, onion, garlic and basil in bowl 15 sec/speed 8.
2. Add remaining ingredients and cook with MC removed 50min/Varoma/Speed 2. Place the simmering basket on top of lid to prevent the sauce splattering everywhere, this will also allow the sauce to thicken.
3. For spicier sauce, use whole black peppercorns.
4. Blitz the sauce up 1min/Speed 9, don't forget to replace the MC!
5. Place sauce in hot sterilize jars.
Sauce can be kept in the fridge for three months.
This sauce can be sweet for some, so by all means half the sugar to 40g.
Basil: If you ever use all the leaves in a bunch for a differen't recipe, keep the stems and freeze them for when you make this sauce.( They will go dark in colour.)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- Vegan Pesto
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups