- 100 g Dried shrimps, wash and soak in water for 10 minutes
- 2 stalk Lemon grass, peel away the tough outer layers and use the pale lower section of the stem.
- 10 pieces Dried chilli, soak in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- 4 pieces fresh birds eye chilli
- 100 g shallots, peel away skin
- 8 pieces garlic cloves
- 1 piece turmeric, small knob, or can use turmeric powder
- 1 piece belachan, small piece
- 2 tablespoon sugar
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put dried shrimps into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 6 or 7. Remove and set aside.
2. Put lemon grass, dried chilli, fresh chilli, shallots, garlic, tumeric and belachan into TM bowl. Blend for 10 seconds/speed 7 until become paste. Repeat if necessary.
3. Add 15g oil and saute for 4 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add dried shrimps, sugar and stir fry for 1 hour/Varoma/reverse/speed 1.
(You may stop Thermomix and stir with spatula every 15-20 minutes).
Dried Shrimp Sambal is a popular garnish in Malaysia. It can be consumed on toast or sprinkled on bowl of noodles.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peppermint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Butter
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Kids Bubble cups
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Blueberry jam
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Golden Gaytime Slice