- 100 g Dried shrimps, wash and soak in water for 10 minutes
- 2 stalk Lemon grass, peel away the tough outer layers and use the pale lower section of the stem.
- 10 pieces Dried chilli, soak in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- 4 pieces fresh birds eye chilli
- 100 g shallots, peel away skin
- 8 pieces garlic cloves
- 1 piece turmeric, small knob, or can use turmeric powder
- 1 piece belachan, small piece
- 2 tablespoon sugar
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put dried shrimps into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 6 or 7. Remove and set aside.
2. Put lemon grass, dried chilli, fresh chilli, shallots, garlic, tumeric and belachan into TM bowl. Blend for 10 seconds/speed 7 until become paste. Repeat if necessary.
3. Add 15g oil and saute for 4 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add dried shrimps, sugar and stir fry for 1 hour/Varoma/reverse/speed 1.
(You may stop Thermomix and stir with spatula every 15-20 minutes).
Dried Shrimp Sambal is a popular garnish in Malaysia. It can be consumed on toast or sprinkled on bowl of noodles.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple and sage sauce
- Caitys chutney
- Avocado Hummus
- Lisa & Walid’s Hummus
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mango Jam
- Chippy Tea Curry Sauce
- Caesar Salad dressing
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Apple and sage sauce
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Caramelised onion jam
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade
- Gingerbread house
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing