- 150 grams soft brown sugar
- 150 grams pure cream
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped, and bean
Add all ingredients into the TM bowl and cook 12 minutes/ VAROMA temperature/Speed 2, "Counter-clockwise operation" .
Remove from the heat, remove the vanilla bean and allow to cool.
Pour into sterile jars and seal when cold and refrigerate - 4 degrees is ideal. Sauce will last one week in the refrigerator.
Gelato Butterscotch Sauce
Salt: If you would like Salted Butterscotch Sauce: simply add 5 pinches of salt with the other ingredients.
Vinegar: you could also add 5 grams of vinegar for a tangier butterscotch flavour.
The caramel will thicken as it cools. If you prefer a thicker caramel, cook for a further 5 minutes.This recipe is adapted from a Gelato Messina Recipe, to be used with 'Old Gregg Gelato". Simply fold loosely into the gelato on the final return to the freezer, so that you can still see the butterscothch swirls contrasting through the ice cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Melting Moments
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- The best double chocolate chip cookies
- The best choc chip cookies