- 70 g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 50 g macadamia oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 70 g raw sugar
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/90°C/speed 2. Remove butterfly whisk.
- If desired, strain curd mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Divide curd bewteen 2 x 160ml sterilised jars with sealable lids. Transfer into refrigerator to cool completely and store in refrigerator until ready to serve (see Tips).
If desired, you can use any mild-flavoured nut oil in this recipe. Or you can make it dairy free by using 100 g macadamia oil and omitting the butter.
You can store this curd in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Butter is a source of vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K as well as the antioxidant selenium. Try to buy local organic, grass-fed butter as it's the more nutrient-dense choice. Or make it yourself from scratch in your Thermomix using fresh cream.
This delicious lemon curd is such a treat as a filling for lemon tartlets (pitcured) or as a topping for scones or pikelets. It's also lovely swirled through fresh ricotta as a toast topping. With less sugar than traditional and three nutrient-dense egg yolks, it's a staple in my kitchen and a great alternative to jam. To make tartlets, try using the Almond quinoa pastry or Gluten-free goodness pastry, both featured in Sweet Nourish, to make the tartlet shells (www.thermomix.com.au/shop/cookbooks or www.thermomix.co.nz/shop/cookbooks).
Other users also liked...
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Fruit and nut muesli (TM31)
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Crunchy carrot salad (TM31)
- Three cheese and spinach rolls (TM31)
- Kawakawa smoked NZ lamb with native herb, beetroot, garlic cream and ancient grain wafers - Chef Dave Anderson
- Chai & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gooey Lemon Squares
- Kim's Passionfruit Slice (Nan's Recipe <3)
- Banana Bread
- Lemon Curd (Jo Seagar)
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Tasty Choc Chip Party Cakes
- Creamy Caramel Custard
- Kim's Poached Eggs
- Piper's Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites
- Variation Only THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!