- 70 g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 50 g macadamia oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 70 g raw sugar
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/90°C/speed 2. Remove butterfly whisk.
- If desired, strain curd mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Divide curd bewteen 2 x 160ml sterilised jars with sealable lids. Transfer into refrigerator to cool completely and store in refrigerator until ready to serve (see Tips).
If desired, you can use any mild-flavoured nut oil in this recipe. Or you can make it dairy free by using 100 g macadamia oil and omitting the butter.
You can store this curd in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Butter is a source of vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K as well as the antioxidant selenium. Try to buy local organic, grass-fed butter as it's the more nutrient-dense choice. Or make it yourself from scratch in your Thermomix using fresh cream.
This delicious lemon curd is such a treat as a filling for lemon tartlets (pitcured) or as a topping for scones or pikelets. It's also lovely swirled through fresh ricotta as a toast topping. With less sugar than traditional and three nutrient-dense egg yolks, it's a staple in my kitchen and a great alternative to jam. To make tartlets, try using the Almond quinoa pastry or Gluten-free goodness pastry, both featured in Sweet Nourish, to make the tartlet shells (www.thermomix.com.au/shop/cookbooks or www.thermomix.co.nz/shop/cookbooks).
Other users also liked...
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Banana and Date Muffins
- SICILIAN BRIOCHE
- Blueberry Blondie
- Tasty Zesty Lemon Sorbet
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Apple crumble cake
- Basic Buttercake (AWW) 1.5 quantities