- 70 g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 50 g macadamia oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 70 g raw sugar
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/90°C/speed 2. Remove butterfly whisk.
- If desired, strain curd mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Divide curd bewteen 2 x 160ml sterilised jars with sealable lids. Transfer into refrigerator to cool completely and store in refrigerator until ready to serve (see Tips).
If desired, you can use any mild-flavoured nut oil in this recipe. Or you can make it dairy free by using 100 g macadamia oil and omitting the butter.
You can store this curd in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Butter is a source of vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K as well as the antioxidant selenium. Try to buy local organic, grass-fed butter as it's the more nutrient-dense choice. Or make it yourself from scratch in your Thermomix using fresh cream.
This delicious lemon curd is such a treat as a filling for lemon tartlets (pitcured) or as a topping for scones or pikelets. It's also lovely swirled through fresh ricotta as a toast topping. With less sugar than traditional and three nutrient-dense egg yolks, it's a staple in my kitchen and a great alternative to jam. To make tartlets, try using the Almond quinoa pastry or Gluten-free goodness pastry, both featured in Sweet Nourish, to make the tartlet shells (www.thermomix.com.au/shop/cookbooks or www.thermomix.co.nz/shop/cookbooks).
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam
- Variation Mixed Berry Jam for TM 5
- Variation Greengage Jam
- Hanne's Nutella 😊
- Classic Barbecue Sauce
- Balsamic Onion Dip
- Cheese Sauce (for corned beef)
- Supergreen Vegan Pesto
- BBQ sauce
- New York Style Hot Dog Onion Relish
- Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- Triple C Dip (Chickpeas, Cashews and Cumin)
- Mini monsters
- Pizza base
- Chocolate quinoa cake with peanut butter frosting
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Potato bake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Nutella cinnamon (donut) cupcakes
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Coffee Bar Cake
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*
- Macadamia & White Choc Cookies
- Supersize Hamburger
- Paleo Banana and Blueberry Bread
- Lactation cookies
- Mini monsters