- 70 g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 50 g macadamia oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 70 g raw sugar
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/90°C/speed 2. Remove butterfly whisk.
- If desired, strain curd mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Divide curd bewteen 2 x 160ml sterilised jars with sealable lids. Transfer into refrigerator to cool completely and store in refrigerator until ready to serve (see Tips).
If desired, you can use any mild-flavoured nut oil in this recipe. Or you can make it dairy free by using 100 g macadamia oil and omitting the butter.
You can store this curd in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Butter is a source of vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K as well as the antioxidant selenium. Try to buy local organic, grass-fed butter as it's the more nutrient-dense choice. Or make it yourself from scratch in your Thermomix using fresh cream.
This delicious lemon curd is such a treat as a filling for lemon tartlets (pitcured) or as a topping for scones or pikelets. It's also lovely swirled through fresh ricotta as a toast topping. With less sugar than traditional and three nutrient-dense egg yolks, it's a staple in my kitchen and a great alternative to jam. To make tartlets, try using the Almond quinoa pastry or Gluten-free goodness pastry, both featured in Sweet Nourish, to make the tartlet shells (www.thermomix.com.au/shop/cookbooks or www.thermomix.co.nz/shop/cookbooks).
Other users also liked...
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Yorkshire puddings
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Light Fruit Cake
- Sticky Date Pudding
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Classic lemon tart