- 70 g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 50 g macadamia oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 70 g raw sugar
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/90°C/speed 2. Remove butterfly whisk.
- If desired, strain curd mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Divide curd bewteen 2 x 160ml sterilised jars with sealable lids. Transfer into refrigerator to cool completely and store in refrigerator until ready to serve (see Tips).
If desired, you can use any mild-flavoured nut oil in this recipe. Or you can make it dairy free by using 100 g macadamia oil and omitting the butter.
You can store this curd in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Butter is a source of vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K as well as the antioxidant selenium. Try to buy local organic, grass-fed butter as it's the more nutrient-dense choice. Or make it yourself from scratch in your Thermomix using fresh cream.
This delicious lemon curd is such a treat as a filling for lemon tartlets (pitcured) or as a topping for scones or pikelets. It's also lovely swirled through fresh ricotta as a toast topping. With less sugar than traditional and three nutrient-dense egg yolks, it's a staple in my kitchen and a great alternative to jam. To make tartlets, try using the Almond quinoa pastry or Gluten-free goodness pastry, both featured in Sweet Nourish, to make the tartlet shells (www.thermomix.com.au/shop/cookbooks or www.thermomix.co.nz/shop/cookbooks).
Other users also liked...
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tobasco Sauce
- Passata Sauce
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Almond butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Capsicum Paste (biber salças)
- The Thermomixing Mum's Veggie Loaded Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- Sardine Paté - Portuguese Style
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Cheese Dreams
- Mumble Slice
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Jaffa Macarons
- Empanada Pastry
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Banana and walnut muffins