- 1 garlic clove, (optional)
- 1 egg, separated and room temperature
- sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or vinegar
- 250 g grapeseed or safflower oil
Place garlic (if using) into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Insert butterfly. Add egg yolk, salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice or vinegar and mix 20 sec/speed 4.
With blades rotating on speed 4 and MC in place, gradually pour oil onto MC and allow to trickle through into mixing bowl to emulsify. Add oi at a steady pace, slowly to start with and then faster as the mayonnaise starts to emulsify. This process should take between 2-3 minutes.
To make whole egg mayonnaise, add egg white and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
Use mayonnaise straight away or pour into a jar and refrigerate.
All ingredients and the mixing bowl must be at room temperature before commencing this recipe. Variations in temperature can lead to varied results.
If you prefer to use olive oil, choose a light cold pressed olive oil that will be more mellow in flavour. This will prevent the oil from becoming overpowering.
Adding the egg white in the final steps will result in a softer texture.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled but will take longer to emulsify.
Click here to watch a video of our Thermomix Kitchen demonstrating how to make mayonnaise.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Pineapple upside down cake
- Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Custard
- Healthy Oat Muffins (No Flour No Sugar No Oil)
- Churro Pancakes
- Marmalade cake
- Chocolate Walnut Button Biscuits
- Crispy Ginger Cookies