- 1 garlic clove, (optional)
- 1 egg, separated and room temperature
- sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or vinegar
- 250 g grapeseed or safflower oil
Place garlic (if using) into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Insert butterfly. Add egg yolk, salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice or vinegar and mix 20 sec/speed 4.
With blades rotating on speed 4 and MC in place, gradually pour oil onto MC and allow to trickle through into mixing bowl to emulsify. Add oi at a steady pace, slowly to start with and then faster as the mayonnaise starts to emulsify. This process should take between 2-3 minutes.
To make whole egg mayonnaise, add egg white and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
Use mayonnaise straight away or pour into a jar and refrigerate.
All ingredients and the mixing bowl must be at room temperature before commencing this recipe. Variations in temperature can lead to varied results.
If you prefer to use olive oil, choose a light cold pressed olive oil that will be more mellow in flavour. This will prevent the oil from becoming overpowering.
Adding the egg white in the final steps will result in a softer texture.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled but will take longer to emulsify.
Click here to watch a video of our Thermomix Kitchen demonstrating how to make mayonnaise.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins