- 455 grams brown onion, Quartered
- 650 grams Zucchini skin on, Roughly chopped
- 1 --- Cup of white vinegar
- 300 grams sugar
- Half cup of plain flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon curry powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon mustard, Dry or wet
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Quarter Cup of vinegar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Weigh onions into bowl. Chop speed 6 for 5 seconds.
add washed zucchini, chop speed 4-5 approx ten seconds till it looks like coleslaw from kfc.
Add 1 cup of vinegar and sugar.
Combine for 5 seconds speed 4.
bring to boil. Put steamer basket on lid in place of mc. approx 11 mins, 100 degrees speed 2. if not bubbling and boiling, extend time by 2-3 mins.
(Have your washed jars in the oven at about 150 degrees)
Once boilled, add flour, curry powder, turmeric ,mustard and 1/4 cup of vinegar. Combine speed 4, 20 seconds.
Bring back to boil. 100 degrees speed 2, approx 13mins. Once it's hit 100 degrees, it needs to boil 11 mins to cook the vinegar out.
Taste prior to bottling. if taste has too much zing for your liking boil further 4 mins, add salt to taste.
bottle while hot.
For a spicier twist use hot mustard.
Great in sandwiches or as a dip with cheese & biscuits.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Quick Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- Strawberry & Vanilla Teacake
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Yuzu Mayonnaise
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Vanilla Slice
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Vanilla Fudge
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits