- 100 g onion, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 30 g olive oil
- 1500 g ripe tomatoes, cut into halves
- a few basil leaves
- 2 tsp sea salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add olive oil and cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add 1000 g of the tomatoes and chop 7 sec/speed 7.
Add remaining 500 g tomatoes, ensuring tomatoes do not exceed maximum level of mixing bowl and chop 7 sec/speed 7.
Add basil leaves and salt and cook 20 min/100C/speed 1, then blend 1 min/speed 4-10, increasing gradually from speed 4 to 10.
Pour into sterilised jars to preserve or use straight away as soup or sauce.
Accessories you need
To sterilise jars: wash glass jars and metal lids in hot, soapy water. Rinse in hot water, then dry in a 110C oven. Fill while hot, wipe rim with a wet paper towl, then seal lid. There is nothing more satisfying than hearing the little pop of the suction cap as it cools.
See danivalent.com for more Thermomix recipes & great videos!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Passionfruit Curd
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Sausages