- 100 g onion, peeled
- 2 clove garlic
- 30 g olive oil
- 1500 g ripe tomatoes, cut into halves
- a few basil leaves
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 level tsp black pepper
- 170 g red wine, Shiraz
- 1/2 level teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons tomato paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add olive oil and cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add 1000 g of the tomatoes and chop 7 sec/speed 7.
- Add remaining 500 g tomatoes, ensuring tomatoes do not exceed maximum level of mixing bowl and chop 7 sec/speed 7.
- Add basil leaves, oregano, tomato paste, red wine, pepper, Chinese five spice and salt and cook 20 min/100C/speed 1, then blend 1 min/speed 4-10, increasing gradually from speed 4 to 10.
Pour into sterilised jars to preserve or use straight away as soup or sauce.
To make spaghetti mix with with 500g of Beef Mince or 250g Beef and 250g Pork Mince
To sterilise jars: wash glass jars and metal lids in hot, soapy water. Rinse in hot water, then dry in a 110C oven. Fill while hot, wipe rim with a wet paper towl, then seal lid. There is nothing more satisfying than hearing the little pop of the suction cap as it cools.
Makes around 4 batches
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.