- 100 grams Butter or Ghee, for sealing
- 40 grams Butter or Ghee, for sauteing
- 1 brown onion or leek, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 large sage leaves
- Optional: 2 rashers of bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 whole pear, peeled, cored and quartered
- 500 grams fresh chicken livers
- Optional: 50ml brandy, Grand Marnier or port
- pinch salt
- pepper to taste
- 40 grams Butter or Ghee, for blending
- Optional: 70g pouring cream
Place 100g butter in bowl and melt 3 minutes, 60 degrees. Set aside.
Place 40g of the butter, onion, garlic and sage into the bowl and chop for 2 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then sauté for 3 minutes/varoma temperature/speed soft.
Whilst this is cooking, trim excess sinew from the liver if necessary, then rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
Scrape down the bowl, then add the bacon and pear and sauté for an additional 3 minutes/varoma/speed 1.
Add the livers, brandy, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes/varoma/ speed 1. Check to see the livers are still pink inside (overcooking them will result in a grainy pate). If the smaller sized livers are still dark pink, cook for an extra minute.
Blend for 20 seconds/speed 8. Scrape down the bowl, add the additional butter and cream, then blend another 20 seconds/speed 8.
Pour the pate into ramekins, garnish with a sage leaf and pour the melted butter over the top to seal.
Chicken or duck livers have the mildest flavour, so they’re great for offal novices.
Enjoy with sliced apple, raw veggies or sourdough toast.
Pate with fresh, grass-fed livers (ideal) will last 4-5 days unsealed and up to 14 days if properly sealed with fat.
This quantity yeilds 4 large ramekins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lacey Siomo's Chicken Seitan
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Cauliflower mango coconut curry
- Chickpea and oat crackers
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Paleo savoury muffins
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies