- 1000 grams satsuma plums, seeded and quartered
- 500 grams raw sugar
- 5 grams allspice berries
- 5 grams Whole Peppercorns
- 5 grams whole cloves
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 litre vinegar
- 40 grams ground ginger, (or 125g whole ginger, sliced in rings)
8Recipe is created for
1. Grind the allspice, peppercorns and cloves for 30 seconds on speed 9.
2. Add the plums and sliced ginger (if using) and chop for 10 seconds on speed 7.
3. Add the other ingredients and cook at Varoma temperature for 10 minutes on speed 1-2, or until Varoma temperature is reached.
4. Continue cooking for 20 minutes at 100 degrees on Speed 1, and then 10 minutes on speed 2 on Varoma temperature or until sauce is thick with the simmering basket on the lid to protect from splattering sauce.
5. Carefully turn the dial from speed 1 to 9 for 30 seconds to puree the sauce.
6. Pour into bottles and seal.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Tomato Ketchup
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Little piggy faces