- 750 grams of quinces, once peeled and cored and chopped into 2-3cm dice
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 160 grams of brown sugar
- 250 grams of apple cider vinegar
- 1 long red chill, halved
- 1 level tsp of minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground corriander
- 1 bay leaf
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add quinces, onion and chilli to the bowl - chop 5 seconds speed 5 - stir the bottom to the top with your spatula and repeat
Now add all the other ingredients and cook 30mins, 100 deg, speed 2 - MC off basket on top
Scrape down the bowl and cook again 30 mins, 100deg, speed 2
Pour into steralised jars
NOTE for those that only like a light chilli taste use a half -- then taste test at the half way mark as you can always finely chop the other half and add to the relish
If you make this recipe please pop back and leave a comment and rating - thank you
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coriander chutney
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Chorizo, Spinach and Feta Triangles
- Palmiers - cinnamon and sugar delights
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Cranberry Bread