- 400 grams medjool dates, seeds removed
- 90 grams raw, cold-pressed tahini (or nut butter)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, coarse or fine
Weigh medjool dates (with the seeds removed) into a bowl, add water to cover, and soak for 3-4 hours.
Drain the medjool dates, reserving the soaking liquid.
Put dates, tahini (or nut butter) and sea salt into TM bowl. Scrape the seeds out of 2 vanilla beans and add seeds to TM bowl. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into TM bowl. Puree on speed 8, adding a little of the soaking liquid every 5 secs or so through the hole in the lid until you are happy with the consistency (about 30-45seconds). Check the consistency between each addition of soaking water, as there is a very fine line between spread and dip.
This can be made like a dip or a spread, just add a bit more of the soaking water to have it more dippy than spready. The spread is ideal on a piece of toast, whilst the dip is great to add a bit of flair to some cut up fruit. Somewhere in between dip and spread, this would make an awesome icing for a cake!!! On the end of a wedge of apple, it's very 'caramel apple'. With bananas, it's very 'banoffee pie'. It's a relatively healthy treat, suitable for a snack or for dessert.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella)
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Feijoa Paste
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- GF Cheesy Rolls
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mango Chutney
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Vegetable Fritters
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Strawberry, Mango and Passionfruit Jam