- 1500 grams rhubarb
- 1500 grams sugar
- 125 grams lemon juice
- 4 centimetres fresh ginger
- 100 gram Glacé ginger
8Recipe is created for
Place roughly chopped rhubarb stalks in TM bowl and chop for 10 secs on speed 9 to puree.
Move to a non-metallic bowl and add sugar and lemon juice and leave overnight, this will hasten the cooking process.
The next day, chop fresh ginger for 10 secs. at speed 9. Tie up securely in a muslin cloth.
Finely chop glace ginger by hand.
Add rhubarb mix and fresh ginger bag back into the TM bowl and cook for 25-30 mins.at100 degrees Celsius on speed1. Remove the MC and place basket on top of lid to contain the spitting.
Test to see if jam is ready by dropping a small amount on to a chilled saucer. If it begins to “gel” then setting point has been reached.
If not continue cooking for a further 2mins. at Varoma temperature
Remove any scum from the top of the jam.
Remove the muslin bag and when bubbles have subsided mix through the finely chopped glace ginger for 10secs.at speed 1
Pour jam into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately. The invert and leave to cool.
Rhubarb and Ginger Jam
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns