- 500 g rhubarb red, washed, but with skin on
- 5 Fresh strawberries
- 60 g filtered water
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 120 g sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (starch)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 100 g unsalted butter
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1) Cut washed rhubarb in 2 cm pieces. Leave the skin on, since it will add the sweet pink colour to the curd.
2) Rhubarb, strawberries, water and lemon juice into "Closed lid" , 10 sek/speed 4, then for 10 min / 95 degree / speed 1 with MC on. Scrape down sides and puree 30 30 sek/speed 9.
3) Add sugar and vanilla essence, 10 sek / speed 5.
4) Add eggs and yolks. Take the 2 tablespoons water into the MC, add the cornstarch and smooth into the water. Put the starchy water into "Closed lid" and cook 20 min/90 degree/speed 2-3 WITHOUT MC to thicken the mass.
5) Add butter and 20 sek/speed 5 to incorporate.
6) Put the curd into sterilized jars (e.g. 2 jars of 250ml), let cool and preserve in the fridge. It will be more liquid during the first 3-4 hours and set after a night in the fridge. The curd will keep for about a fortnight in the fridge.
Accessories you need
Kudos to "nicest things" for the inspiration to that recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)