- 1000 g ripe tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 large red capsicum, cut in pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 clove garlic
- 50 g oilve oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 bunch basil, using whole bunch leaves and stems
- 100 g red wine vinegar
- 80 g sugar
1. Place tomatoes, capsicum, onion, garlic and basil in bowl 15 sec/speed 8.
2. Add remaining ingredients and cook with MC removed 50min/Varoma/Speed 2. Place the simmering basket on top of lid to prevent the sauce splattering everywhere, this will also allow the sauce to thicken.
3. If the sauce hasn't thickened do for an extra 10min/Varoma/Speed 2.
4. Blitz the sauce up 1min/Speed 9, don't forget to replace the MC!
5. Place sauce in hot sterilize jars.
Sauce can be kept in the fridge for three months.
This sauce can be sweet for some, so by all means half the sugar to 40g.
Basil: If you ever use all the leaves in a bunch for a differen't recipe, keep the stems and freeze them for when you make this sauce.( They will go dark in colour.)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Healthy chicken burgers
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Plum jam with apple
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing