- 250 grams fresh green chillies, stems removed, mix with some red if you like.
- 150 grams onions, cut in half
- 10 grams clove garlic
- 20 grams belacan (shrimp paste), from asian grocery shops
- 30 grams anchovies, I get this in jars from deli or fruit shops
- 40 grams oil (canola, veg or light olive oil)
- 15 grams sugar
- pinch of salt (optional)
Accessories you need
1.This is a very popular side dish served with rice in Indonesian households.
2. Remove some chilli seeds if you dont want it too spicy ( green chillies are usually not very hot though).
3. Delicious in chicken wraps / burgers / sandwiches etc.
4. Keep sambal in a jar, it will keep for few weeks in the fridge.
5. For variations, try using all red chillies - it will be spicier and slight difference in tastes too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jalepeno and Lime sauce
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Cheesy Sauce
- Alicia's Alfredo Sauce
- Alicia's Tomato Sauce
- Bolognese Pasta sauce
- F 'n G - Fig and Ginger Fruit Paste
- 'Never buy' Tomato sauce
- Variation Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chilli sauce
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Cornflake honey slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Fudgy-Wudgy Chocolate Cookies
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)