- 70 grams Gruyere cheese, cut into pieces (2cm)
- 50 grams unsalted butter, cut into pieces (2cm)
- 300 grams Milk
- 200 grams cream
- 50 grams plain flour
- 0.5 level teaspoons salt, sea
- 0.25 level teaspoons pepper, ground
- 1 level teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 12 portions green prawns, uncooked (12 prawns)
- 12 portions scallops, uncooked (12 scallops)
- 100 grams Crab Meat, cooked
- 3 portions Moreton Bay Bugs, cooked (3 whole bugs)
- 10 grams unsalted butter, cut into 2cm pieces (for cooking seafood)
- Place Gruyere cheese in the mixing bowl, and grate 8sec/speed 7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Rinse out mixing bowl.
- Place butter, milk, cream, flour, salt, pepper and mustard in the mixing bowl then start Thicken mode /100 degrees Celsius. While the mixture is stirring, reverse/speed 0.5, add the cheese through the lid until well-combined and melted. Then on reverse/stirring mode add the crab meat and Moreton Bay Bug until mixed through. Serve hot or use as desired.
- While the sauce is thickening, place butter into a pan and sauté the prawns and scallops until cooked through (approximately 5-10mins - the prawns should be opaque white with pink and bright red accents and the scallops should be seared until golden brown and the sides should look opaque all the way through).
- Assembly - place the cooked prawns and scallops on top of a steak (see tips) and pour over the seafood mornay sauce.
Seafood Mornay Sauce
Accessories you need
For a thinner consistency, use 10 grams less butter and flour for each.
Seafood - if the Moreton Bay Bug is uncooked split it in half and cook flesh side down with the prawns and scallops. Crab meat can be used instead of bug meat.
Tip - use the Cookidoo Sous vide rare beef steak with bernaise sauce (TM6) recipe but replace the bernaise sauce with the seafood mornay sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Easter Egg Buns
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage