- 350 grams cold water (1.5 cups)
- 190 grams Red lentils (1 cup), rinsed
- 45 grams fresh lemon juice (1/4 cup)
- 50 grams olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 10 grams ground cumin (2 tsp)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- chilli powder to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
8Recipe is created for
Place water and lentils in thermomix and cook for 5min speed 1.5 with measuring cap in place.
Let stand for 12min.
Add rest of ingredients and blend 10 seconds, speed 9. Pour into ramekins and refrigerate. Will thicken upon cooling.
Serve with seed crackers, vege sticks, crackers, bread etc.
Spicy Red Lentil Dip - makes approx 2 good size ramekins
This recipe is very much to personal taste, add a little chilli powder and salt and then taste before adding more. I like mine pretty spicy so add about 1/2 tsp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Grapefruit Orange Chia Marmalade
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions