- 350 grams cold water (1.5 cups)
- 190 grams Red lentils (1 cup), rinsed
- 45 grams fresh lemon juice (1/4 cup)
- 50 grams olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 10 grams ground cumin (2 tsp)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- chilli powder to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place water and lentils in thermomix and cook for 5min speed 1.5 with measuring cap in place.
Let stand for 12min.
Add rest of ingredients and blend 10 seconds, speed 9. Pour into ramekins and refrigerate. Will thicken upon cooling.
Serve with seed crackers, vege sticks, crackers, bread etc.
Spicy Red Lentil Dip - makes approx 2 good size ramekins
This recipe is very much to personal taste, add a little chilli powder and salt and then taste before adding more. I like mine pretty spicy so add about 1/2 tsp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo