- 300-350 g mild tasting/light olive oil (depending on how thick you like it, use more oil to make it thicker)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1.5-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar (I use half and half)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Weigh out the oil and set aside
2. Put egg yolks, mustard, apple cider and/or white wine vinegar, salt and pepper into the bowl and mix 4.5 minutes/37 deg/speed 4 MC on.
3. After 1 minute has passed slowly drizzle the oil onto lid of the bowl.
4. Just before the time elapses carefully push any remaining oil into the bowl using the spatula
5. Scrape down bowl and mix 5 seconds/speed 4
6. Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge
Use a small apple or the like to hold down the MC when drizzling the oil onto the lid.
The mayo will thicken up a bit in the fridge.
A great recipe for those following a LCHF woe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.