- 6-8 Fresh red chillies
- 175 g vinegar
- 175 g water
- 350g sugar
- 1 clove garlic, (husk removed)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cm Cube fresh peeled ginger
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Remove seeds from 3/4 of the chillies, (leave the other 2 or 3 whole) and throw seeds away.
- Place seeded and unseeded chillies plus all the remaining ingredients into the bowl.
- Chop 6 sec / speed 7
- cook for 25min / 100°c / speed 2.5 with basket on top not mc.
- Pour into strilized bottles and seal. Properly sealed will last 18 months in the cupboard.
Accessories you need
You can use equivelent dry chillies if you don't have fresh, just cook an extra 2 min, and you might need to chop another couple of seconds.
You can also add more or less chillies and/or seeds to your own taste.
Sauce will thicken a little on cooling
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam