- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 --- strip of lemon zest (no pith)
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- 30 grams lemon juice
- 35 grams tahini
- 5 grams honey
- 200 grams Sweet Potato, cubed and boiled/roasted, Approx 1 small potato
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 30 grams olive oil
1. Place garlic and lemon zest in jug. Whizz 8 seconds Speed 8. Scrape down sides.
2. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, and honey. Whizz 10 seconds, Speed 6.
3. Scrape down sides, add remaining ingredients. Whizz 20 seconds Speed 5, pausing half way to scrape down the sides.
1. You can combine steps 2 and 3 and blend once. But I find blending the chickpeas before adding the sweet potato results in a smoother hummus as the skins getting broken down more.
2.If making this in advance (eg the day before), you may wish to add a little of the chickpea liquid or some extra olive oil, as hummus has a tendancy to firm up when it sits for a while.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Truffle Aioli
- Up and Go
- Braised Jew Fish
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds